We offer great long term returns as part of a socially responsible investment opportunity.
As a member of the G15 group, we are one of the leading housing associations in London. We currently manage over 17,000 rented and leaseholder homes.
Our business plan
We have been delivering homes and communities for over 50 years, constantly evolving and developing our services to meet customers’ changing needs.
Our business plan has strong growth ambitions, which are being managed through a prudent framework of planning and decision making, provided through a set of agreed “Financial Standards”. These are designed to recognise business risks and govern our operating margins, net debt/turnover, sales as a percentage of turnover, and social housing interest cover.
The business plan is also regularly stress-tested, both on single variant scenarios as well as more intense ‘multi-variant’ scenarios.
We seek to maintain diversification in our funding sources, with the majority coming from bilateral loans from banks and building societies and the remainder from the capital markets.
Maintaining our financial stability is one of our core objectives. Without this we would not be able to achieve our ambitions of:
- Building 5,000 new homes over ten years
- Maintaining our overall CQC ratings at GOOD or better
- Expanding our partnerships with the NHS
- Growing our senior living offer
- Demonstrating the quality of our governance so that we are rated G1
Our current financial position
- Turnover: £213m (2017/18: £215.9m)
- Surplus: £20m (2017/18: £52.1m)
- Operating margin: 21.7% (2017/18: 30.8%)