Change a spotlight
A recessed light bulb lies flush with the ceiling, making it impossible to unscrew by hand. There is a simple approach to changing a spotlight.
How to change spotlights
How to change a spotlight in summary
- Turn off the light and the light trip switch in the fuse box.
- Let the bulb cool to room temperature before you handle it.
- Look for a metal ring around the light bulb.
- Squeeze the brackets together and remove the old bulb.
- Fit the new bulb by aligning the pins and clicking in place.
- Secure by putting the metal ring in place.
There are different types of spotlights and fittings so, if necessary, get a friend of family member to help.