If you are without power, this is likely to be down to one of three issues.
What to do if you have no power
What to do if you have no power in summary
- If you have a pre-payment meter, check if you have credit. If it has credit and you believe the meter is faulty, you will need to contact your energy supplier.
- Has a fuse tripped? It’s worth checking your fuse box.
- If it looks like there has been a power cut, call 105. It’s free of charge and they will put you through to your local network operator who can give you help and advice. In the event of a power cut, Power Network advises to:
- Switch off all electrical appliances that shouldn’t be left unattended, ready for when the power comes back on.
- Leave a light on so you know when the power outage has been resolved.
- Check to see if your neighbours are OK.
- Wrap up warm.