We are working hard and have plans in place to ensure customers and staff are protected and essential services are maintained during the coronavirus outbreak. We regularly update this page, so please check back daily to get the latest information.
Follow the latest advice
With so much conflicting and often false information going round we're advising customers and colleagues to follow advice on how to prevent or minimise the spread of coronavirus from authenticated sources of information, including the NHS and Public Health England. In addition, colleagues working in our care and support schemes are following advice from the Care Quality Commission, the independent regulator of health and social care in England. You can also find the latest news and advice on the Government's website or why not join the Government's coronavirus WhatsApp service which provides official, trustworthy and timely information and advice. Find out more about the service and how to access it.
Latest update: 26 May
The government is aiming to have its contact tracing programme in place by next Monday, 1 June, with a team of 25,000 tracers who will track down people who have been near those with coronavirus. Later on, an app will tell people if they have been near to someone with the disease and may need to self isolate. The system will initially be trialled across 10 UK regions before being extended.
On these pages you can find lots of useful information:
- What you can expect from our repairs service
- What we’re doing to keep our estates and communities clean and safe - and how you can help
- Which staff are classed as key workers and what essential services they are providing
- Useful information about paying rent, including advice related to your employment status and circumstances
- Our commitment to you if you're worried about your income
- What’s happening in our care schemes
- Answers to your frequently asked questions.