Managing your rent payments

Useful information about managing your rent payments.

It’s important that you pay your rent as we rely on this income to fund vital services, such as our mental health schemes, our care homes for older or vulnerable people, and essential repairs and maintenance. We do realise that residents are likely to be affected by the overall increase in the cost of living. Depending on what your circumstances are, you can find lots of useful information here. The most important thing is that we don't want you to panic - if you're worried, please get in touch as soon as you can so we can discuss your circumstances and offer you all the advice and support we can to help you keep up your rent payments. You can contact us on 0300 123 9966 or

General employment and benefits advice

If you're affected by the current economic climate, there is a wide range of support available. Visit these pages for information about the changes the government has brought in to support people who are already claiming benefits, need to claim benefits, or are at risk of losing their job as a result of coronavirus.

Universal Credit

If you haven't claimed Universal Credit before, you can find lots of information on the Universal Credit website.

BSL interpreters providing free video relay service for Universal Credit claimants

Universal Credit claimants can now access British Sign Language interpreters as part of a free video relay service. The service can be used to help make a new claim or for those already claiming Universal Credit and is part of a package of measures put in place to provide quicker and easier access to benefits during the Coronavirus outbreak. The Video Relay Service (VRS), allows users to make BSL interpreted video calls via their tablet, smartphone, computer or laptop. A professional interpreter then relays the call in English to a member of DWP staff. You can find out more here.

I claim Working Tax Credits

You can find out your Working Tax Credit entitlement here. The amount you will benefit from will depend on your circumstances, including your level of household income.