What you can expect from our repairs service
Here you can find details of the repairs service that we are providing and the safety checks we're carrying out during the coronavirus outbreak.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding whilst we do everything we can to maintain essential services to our customers.
How we're keeping everyone safe
Whether someone needs to come inside your home to carry out a safety check or a repair, we have robust measures in place to keep everyone safe and protected and our engineers:
- take lateral flow tests twice a week
- maintain social distancing of at least 2 metres
- wear appropriate Public Health England approved protective equipment
- use sanitiser and wipe surfaces down when they’ve completed a repair or safety check
- wear high vis jackets which have a message printed on them which reminds residents to maintain the 2m social distancing rule
- place a sign/barrier close to where they’re working, to protect everyone’s safety.
How you can help
- Please make sure you let us know if anyone in your household is unwell or self-isolating so that our engineers are prepared with the necessary protective equipment
- Maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres from our engineers - if possible please wait in a different room whilst they do their job. If you live in a studio apartment, please consider waiting outside.
- Keeping rooms well ventilated makes a real difference so please open windows where people are working
- Remove items from the area where engineers will be working and clean it thoroughly before they start - they'll clean the area thoroughly too when they finish.
- Please do be aware that if our staff feel their safety is being compromised in any way, they may stop even if the job isn't completed.
How to report a repair
Safety remains our top priority and we have an ongoing legal obligation to continue carrying out all critical safety checks of gas and electrics in your homes during the coronavirus outbreak. Hear from Sue Hanlon, our Director of Property Services, as she answers questions from residents who are concerned about allowing access for safety compliance checks during lockdown. We will also, where possible, continue with the weekly testing of fire alarms in communal areas as well as our programme of safety inspections on mechanical installations and fire remediation works.