Paying your rent
How to pay for your rent and services and what to do if you're having difficulties paying.
It’s important that you pay your rent and any service charges on time and there are lots of different ways you can do this.
- Online via allpay
- By Direct Debit
- By phone - call us on 0300 123 9966 - please note that we've introduced a new, more secure payment method for when you make payments over the phone: rather than giving us your card number verbally, we'll now ask you to enter your card details on your phone key pad.
- Over the counter at the Post Office (find your local branch online).
Please remember that if you don’t pay your rent, your tenancy will be at risk.
If you are finding it a struggle to pay, please call us on 0300 123 9966 or email us as soon as you can so we can work with you to find a solution. We can also signpost you to other experts and sources of advice. There are also lots of useful online resources. The Money Advice Service, set up by the government, is a great place to start, with lots of free and impartial money advice. We also have useful information on how to manage your money more effectively.
If you are one of our market rent tenants, your rent is due on the first day of each month. If you have any queries or are having issues paying your rent, please contact your portfolio lettings advisor by email or on 0300 123 2033 as soon as possible to discuss the various payment options available: Please note we are unable to take cash:
- Direct Debit (preferred method of payment)
- Debit or Credit Card payments over the telephone (we are unable to take American Express): 0300 123 2033
- Standing Order
- Electronic Funds Transfer directly into our bank account.
Your rent will generally be reviewed annually or at the point of your tenancy renewal. We will contact you in advance of any proposed renewal or rent increase and discuss the terms with you at that time.