Anti-social behaviour

If you are at immediate risk of harm or if a crime has been committed, contact the police immediately on 999.

If you experience or witness a crime but you are not in danger, call the police on 101 or report it online.

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) can make people's lives a misery by disturbing or causing nuisance to an individual, their family or a whole community. ASB can affect people in different ways.

There are some things we can help with and some things where other authorities are better placed to help. Please use our ASB toolkit (below) to find out what is and what is not antisocial behaviour, and whether you need to report it to us, the police or your local council.

ASB Toolkit

Our latest partnership

We are family: Knife crime prevention and awareness workshops for parents

In collaboration with Swan Housing, Tower Hamlets Homes, and East End Homes, we are pleased to present We are family, our knife-crime prevention programme.

Our workshops are targeted at parents of young people who may be at risk of becoming involved in knife crime. Our sessions will help to increase your awareness and understanding of knife crime, as well as helping you to support your child to make the right choices.

Our sessions will be taking place on Zoom, so you can join from the comfort of your own home. Find out more and book your space today!

The Community Trigger (also known as the ASB Case Review)

What is the Community Trigger?

Regardless of which agency is investigating your ASB case, the Community Trigger is a process which allows members of the community, or advocates on their behalf, to ask for a review of the responses to their complaints of anti-social behaviour. The Trigger should only be used if no action has been taken as a result of repeat reporting of ASB.

The use of the Community Trigger does not interfere with your right to follow your ASB provider’s internal complaints procedure; both processes can run at the same time. The Trigger cannot be used to report general acts of crime which should be reported to police.

More detailed information on the process, which is administered by your Local Authority, following procedures set out in the Antisocial Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014, including the threshold for and the ways to apply for a Trigger can all be found by accessing your local council’s website.  The following link to the site of “asbhelp” a national charity for victims of ASB  provides links to most community trigger application pages for councils nationally. (One Housing cannot be accountable for the accuracy of this information).

More information